Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Letterbox Stamps

No more store-bought stamps for us! Today Dragonstar and I carved our own signature stamps for our letterbox treks, using Speedball tools and a 4x6" rubber stamp pad, cut into four sections. (So we have two left... I see alter-egos in our Letterboxing future.)

We drew our designs on cut-to-size pieces of paper, then transferred them to the stamp by laying them face down on the surface and burnishing the back with a pencil. (You remember the technique: you probably learned it when you were seven.) After that it was just choose a carving nib and be bold!

Dragonstar's stamp needs no explanation. My stamp is "Buffalo Pearl" because I am originally from the Buffalo area, and "pearl" is my name in Gaelic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.