Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2007

New ATCs

What do you do when you have the house to yourself for the entire weekend? If you're me, you make art.

These are a couple of the new Artist Trading Cards I've been working on. Dragonstar and I are going to the Live & Learn Conference in Asheville in September -- the largest conference in the country for unschoolers, or so I hear -- and from what I understand there is a lively ATC crowd among the attendees, so I'm stocking up on cards for trading.

I wandered the internet a bit yesterday, and found this. Gorgeous, inspiring, humbling. I had to go sit down outside after viewing only 60 or so images, and there are nearly a thousand images on the site. You could get lost for days in there.

Current reading list: Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle; Anne Lamott's Grace (Eventually); and Apocalypse 2012 by Lawrence E. Joseph, a strangely upbeat exploration of the end of the world as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.