Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hens & Chickens

My dad used to grow these by the hundreds in the rock garden along our driveway and up the path that led to the back door. I don't recall ever seeing them flower, though they must have at some point or other. These are Dragonstar's. She's had them for two years, and they seem to be doing well. They'd gone brown earlier this year, and I'd given them up for lost at the beginning of the summer, but they look happy now with their little clusters of blossoms.

We stood in line at the bookstore until 12:45 a.m. Friday night/Saturday morning, Dragonstar in her purple Tonks hair, me in the long black cape she'd cast off midway through the evening, awaiting our copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. We spent most of yesterday swapping the book back and forth. Dragonstar finished it last night, but she's keeping her lip zipped. I'm about halfway through. We'll be going back to the bookstore to participate in the post-mortem discussion on August 4. Yeah, I know, we're HP geeks.

2 comments:

  1. oh, the agony! I'll be out of town the fourth!! How could they????????????

    We got out a 12:33!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are HP geeks!!! Thanx for that mom........

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.