Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change is Good

Leaves were falling just like embers
in colors red and gold they set us on fire

~Roly Saly, Killing the Blues

Sometime in the middle of the night, the leaves on the trees turned from green to gold, and Indiana turned from red to blue.

Not since voting for Lyndon Johnson in the 1964 presidential election has this state awarded its electoral votes to a Democrat. I had to change my blog profile. I'm no longer blue in a red state.

I think the citizens of the United States surprised the world yesterday. I think we may have even surprised ourselves.

It's good to know we can still do that.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously catching up here - I thought of you on election night, and wondered about your profile and when you would be changing it! Welcome to a blue state! Maybe, just maybe we'll all be purple soon!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.