Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

In Which I Get a Cell Phone

Check it out. That looks like spring to me, those petals open wide to the world like the mouths of newborn baby birds. Could it be time to crawl out of the burrow?

March is the month of the Dancing Hare, tonight the night of the Storm Moon.

This weekend Dragonstar and I will travel to the mountains of East Tennessee to spend four days with our unschooler friends. It's a seven-hour drive. We're expecting rain. I decided it's time to let practicality ride shotgun, and bought a cell phone for the trip.

Yes, I did. So now I have to change my pithy profile in the sidebar again. First we went from red state to blue in the national election, and now this.

Next thing you know, I'll be trading my cassettes for an iPod. And Twittering. May the gods have mercy on my soul.

3 comments:

  1. First step is the hardest..
    have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it was a good trip...how are you, anyway? (I've been experimenting with Twitter and frankly, it's pretty annoying.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trip was great, thanks!

    @hsing3: I bought the phone and have so far made one call on it. I'm a very slow adopter...

    @Beth: Life is good. I've become an infrequent blogger. (I think I'd find Twitter annoying, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.