Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

A Peek At My New Art Space

It's not very organized yet and everything takes three times longer than it should because I'm having to dig through boxes looking for that one thing I need that I know is in there someplace... but after working in the corner of my dining room for the past two years, it's groovy to have a bit of room to spread out.

Sprawl space.

I'm still calling it "the garage" tho. What's up with that? It's my s-t-u-d-i-o.

Lower right in the pic you'll see my new mosaic table. The tabletop -- standard white veneer over particleboard -- and its rusted chrome base came to me in two pieces from my very cool neighbor Vicky, who knew I liked playing with broken tiles. And I do. And I was delighted.

But then the thing sat on my carport getting cruddier and rustier through two winters and a summer before I finally got around to doing something with it. Now it's a table again. A pretty one, even.

The three book covers on the table are for art journals. They're recycled from kid's books. I rip the pages out and replace them with signatures of art paper and sketch paper and such. I've got a bunch of them to make for an upcoming art fair. It's taking me forever to get them done, once again because I'm looking high and low for that one dang thing I know I put away for exactly this purpose and now it's nowhere to be found.

O well.

This is me feeling very productive, nonetheless.

And how is your September going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.